Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What are you up to Wednesday - part 30 (woyww127)

Another Wednesday, another workdesk. Here's what's on mine as we speak.


What you see is a little doodle I did on some leftover paper last night before I went to bed. It was just a thing to pass the time, but it made me think that it might be a cool idea to do doodles like this on beautiful handmade papers and then include them in collages or stitched collages. Isn't it strange how even the smallest unimportant things can lead to an idea?

Here's the doodle up close. You'll have to forgive the quality of the picture, I just took a detail from the photograph above, 'cause I forgot to take a seperate picture. Hence things look a little crooked, but it's just to give you an idea of what I was doing.


Actually this piece of paper is a remnant of what I'm really working on right now, which is going on in my sewing room. But I can't reveal any of that, because it's a gift for somebody and I don't want to ruin the surprise. Just know that I've been a busy bee the past few days!

I also still owe you a picture of the finished inktense flower drawing that I showed some hints of in my past Wednesday post. So here it is:


I finished it sometime last week and I'm only moderately pleased with it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Its...okay. I do love the colors though. In any case I'm glad it's finished and I can move on to new pages in my sketchbook. ;-)

Hope you are all having a wonderful and artsy Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. I love your doodles and flower drawing. Happy WOYWW
    Carol#120

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful, Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hope you are having a wonderful WOYWW.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fab - love the bright colours in the second one (Hazel WOYWW #89) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely doodles - and the flower picture with its vibrant colours is gorgeous. Hope you have a good week. Elizabeth x #76

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply lovely, love all the colors!
    Thank you for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Caatje! I'm sure that your friend will be surprised and delighted. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I'm a little late this week but wanted to pop in to see what you've been up to. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and have loads of creative fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dit bevestigt mijn vermoeden: jij bent ook gek op mooi (handgeschept) papier!!! Heb je het zelf wel eens gemaakt trouwens? Of geverfd met kerriepoeder/thee/kruiden/rode kool (zowel papier/pulp als ongebleekt katoen???) Lijkt me ook echt iets voor jou!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The doodles are wonderful - well spaced, subtle colours - in fact, just right! I think it's pretty well perfect now but you obviously have great plans for it :D
    Hugs, LLJ #42 xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...