Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What are you up to Wednesday - part 28 (woyww125)

It seems that long before Jen Osbon started her "What are you up to today" thing (see sidebar) there was Julia Dunnit's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday (also see sidebar). So I figured I might as well join that too. So here's a big hello to those of you who are on that blogsy involvement thing (I have no idea what the word is for something like this). Anyway, for me this is my 28th what are you up to post, but my first WOYWW post. I hope it's okay if I just keep calling it What are you up to Wednesday, cause I so like the sound of that.

Anyway, here's what's on my workdesk in the studio:


It's not a great picture, but you get the idea. What you're looking at is my Studio Book and my new big inktense pencil box (still in love). I'm doing another flower-with-background-drawing. I have already colored in the background and now have to move on to the flowers themselves. After that I will try to ad some shading and details so it's a little less 'flat'. I do enjoy the colors of these pencils, they are indeed in(k)tense!

On my worktable downstairs the situation is like this:


On the left is my out-of-the-studio book with a big doodle/zentangle thingy. I have finished the black and white, but still need to shade with a pencil. When it's done I will show it more up close.
On the right is the altered atlas journal with a spread that is half finished. This one has some of my own photographs and some glitzy stickers to liven it up a little. And writing of course, always lots of writing.

So this Wednesday it's all about the sketchbooks. I have some bigger projects lining up, but I feel more like just playing around a little and not thinking too much. Some Wednesdays will be like that. ;-)

Wishing you all a very artsy and happy Wednesday!

16 comments:

  1. Loving all of your journals, Caatje! Your zentangle looks amazing...I can't wait to see it up close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to WOYWW - refer to it as you like - we just love having you on board the 'thing'!! (I don't know what it should be called either). You do have a discipline about your art - a in and out of studio journal..and covered tables and oh - the colours of that flower page already - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Inktense too and wish I had them in a beautiful box like that... I would just want to touch them all the time... love seeing your journals and so glad I found your blog through WOYWW xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, wat heb jij daar allemaal voor kleine, gekleurde flesjes links en rechts naast je journals staan? Inkt? Paintdabbers? Het ziet er zo vreselijk verleidelijk uit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have pencil envy!! Seriously, I would adore to have a big box of pencils like that, just to look at and admire. I'd have to keep the colours in the right order too, which is very OCD of me!!
    I love that flowers on background you're working on, could live with that on my wall at home :D
    Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that drawing you are working on! So bright and cheerful! And aren't those inktense pencils just wonderful! I need to get some more!!

    Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the print tray! That was my first attempt at one and also a lot of the techniques used so I was really pleased with the way it turned out!

    Take care and have a great day!

    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sketchbook, so different and delightful to see everyones different craft/art, and yes mess means something is being done.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment
    Bridget #37

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving seeing your space and esp love how your downstairs table is laid out, all those yummy bottles lined up. Hmmm I'm been thinking of getting some inktense pencils, I have the blocks impossible to use for tiny areas. I might get them and blame you for convincing me lol I seriously need to curb my crafting materials obsession lol much love Jennibellie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to see those sketches close up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies!

    @Marit: het zijn gewoon kleine flesjes acrylverf (gekocht bij Creativ Company, kijk maar eens hier http://www.cchobby.nl/hobbyverf/)

    @Jennibellie: I take full responsibility (or should I say credit) for any inktense addiction you develop. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just started playing with zentangle and found that it is very addictive. Yours is so intricate, and I love those journals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caatje, your work table is always full of joy and colour. I hope it always will be. Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks really nice on your work desk - love all those sketchobooks. The blue and green pages look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Caatje, my first time here! I've been looking over all your journals and tutorials...you are a very talented artist and writer. I will be back to see your doodle/zentangle thingy...I see you have the same problem as I do...what do you really call them?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your flower-background! Happy late WOYWWED!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to WOYWW, Caatje! I lurve your work! The doodling is something I've been thinking about trying for a while, having favourited some Youtube videos on it a while back - it's fascinating! and oooooooh those delicious pencils!! Just inviting you to dive in and use them! They look so great! One day... but so many other things to try first! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #84

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...