Monday, October 24, 2011

More journal spreads from the atlas

In between everything else I do (or don't do as is sometimes also the case), my journal is one steady factor that almost quietly continues.


I may sometimes feel like I'm doing nothing artsy at all, but in the meantime I still journal.


I sometimes may skip a day, I may even skip two days, but it happens rarely and when I wait too long I become grumpy and grouchy like the grinch who stole journaling.


Journaling has become second nature to me so much, that I hardly consider it anything special anymore.


But it is special of course.


Putting my journal on display helps me realize just how fortunate I am to be able to express myself through my journal.


I love the visual aspect of the images and the colors. I love the words that just flow out of my pen, straight from my mind to the page.


I'm creating a reflection of my life and in doing so I can reflect on my life.


It's a good tool to have and I'm grateful for it.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful pages! Where are you getting most of your artwork? Magazines or???, I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh wow.... je bent goed bezig geweest en wat heb je veel gemaakt!! Ge-wel-dig!!

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pages, fabulous images on your journal pages. When you do something on a daily basis, it's amazing how quickly a body of work develops, isn't it? (Not that I know first-hand; I'm not that disciplined...yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pages Caatje... art journaling is the best... I love it too :))

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supermooie pagina's weer! Bij die laatste: dat Paris rondom je pagina, is dat decotape of stempeltjes of ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Siel: dat Paris-spul is papiertape van Cavallini & Co. Zij maken geweldig mooie papieren dingetjes. Kijk maar eens hier: http://www.cavallini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prachtig Caatje, om zo een aantal pagina's op een rij te zien. Ook bij mij is het journalen een 'must' - zoals vroeger mijn dagboek dat was. Ik merk alleen dat ik veel minder schrijf vanwege ruimtegebrek (en niet genoeg rust om me heen, dat ook...) (- misschien om te beginnen volgend jaar grotere pagina's inbinden?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your journal pages Caatje! I think I know what you mean. I have to journal, and I have to colour and "decorate" my pages. It doesn't always feel very special to me when I'm making them, but they sure do when I look back on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I love your beautiful journal pages. It is amazing how the days add up and before you know it, time has flown by

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...