Friday, October 21, 2011

Sketchcrawl Gouda - what I sketched

I have been raving about the Sketchcrawl all week now without actually showing you any sketches! But today's the day for the big reveal. Ahem...drums please...;-)

I filled ten pages in my sketchbook last Saturday and most of them are simple line drawings done with a pitt brush pen. No masterpieces were made, but I did have a wonderful time doing moderately quick drawings of what I saw. I hope you will enjoy them.

I started out with some people sketches at the meeting point (the windmill).

People always look at me funny when I paste a tea package in my sketchbook!

I had lunch on a bench by this canal.

There was an industrial complex near the windmill. Another world.

The only sketch I colored in.

If you really study this drawing, you will see it makes no sense. I got lost in the lines.

The tower of a church. I drew the same one last january.

Pipes in the distance and a chair sideways.

I like doing these quick sketches of people  most of all.

The guy on the right is the miller, he volunteered to pose for me!

All in all it was a pretty productive day, which is good, but still the best part of a sketchcrawl is to be around fellow sketchers. It's just wonderful to be around people who actually get you and who are enthusiastically looking at each others books. For that alone I would recommend a visit to a sketchcrawl. The next one will be in January and I sure hope I will be able to attend.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Oh wat grappig: ik ben geboren in Gouda. Je hebt echt gave dingen geschetst! Prachtig en écht knap

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Caatje! You are an incredibly multi-talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all in the practice! Good for you for getting out and making some sketches!
    Aloha, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great accomplishment for one sketchcrawl. I especially like the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous Caatje... these are wonderful... will have to pop over and take a peek...

    Have a lovely day
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I love the quickness of your sketches which seems lively.

    I didn't get to meet with other sketchers this time and had to go out on my own. Not quite the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job! You got people drawn too! That is so hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 pages, in one day: wow!!!! They are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very envious of your drawing talents

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Caatje, what a lot of great sketches in one day! Lovely work...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sketches, Caatje! What lovely sketchbook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! Thanks for sharing with us~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. this sounds awesome! wish i was there too! lovely sketches. :) thanks for the blog visit, it's nice to meet you. xoxo-michelle

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...