Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tree love

Why am I so fascinated by trees in winter? I like trees with leafs on them too, but not as much as I like them without. There's something so beautifully desolate about them that I just can't resist.

When I encounter a beautiful leafless tree I just have to take a picture of it:


Sometimes even the shadow of it's branches is enough to get me all swept away:


And if there's a bonus of black birds, well, that's just enough to make my day:


But I'm not too choosy, branches without birds will do fine as well:


And as if the outside world does not offer enough barren trees, I need to make some of my own too:



Conclusion: a life can never have too many trees! ;-)


4 comments:

  1. I have a huge things for trees too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caatje, ik heb precies dezelfde "afwijking".... Hoezeer ik ook verlang naar de lente - die kale bomen vind ik zó mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caatje, I am also a lover of bare trees, which we don't get much of here in Florida. I really admire your photos and your artwork. If you've never read Annie Dillard's "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek", I think you would find her thoughts on trees and nature fascinating.
    glisteninthesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photography! I personally love the photo of a tree with black birds dwelling on it. Its background, which is a combination of blue and green, is breathtaking! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...