Monday, September 17, 2018

Morning Mosaic #16 - step by step

Last April I decided to stop my morning art practice for an indefinite while, so I could get a bit more sleep and distance and just see how I would like it to go without. I had been doing my morning art for about three years by then, which I still think of as quite an accomplishment.

For those of you who don't know: I set aside about thirty minutes every morning right after getting up to work on some specific art project. It was almost a form of meditation for me and I enjoyed it very much, but it felt good to stop for a while too and just sit back.

Anyway, my last morning art project was doing what I call watercolour mosaics, which is pretty much what it sounds like: mosaic patterns in watercolour. I recently realised I had not shown you the last of those paintings yet, so I thought I would make up for that today and show you the process of mosaic number sixteen.








Every picture represents one half hour morning session, so this was a full week of morning art. Differences in colours have to do with different lighting circumstances.

So this was the last morning mosaic for a while. I have worked in this sketchbook after that, but not as morning art. When I have some more newer pages done I will of course show them to you.

Also, very recently I have been trying to get back into my morning art routine in general. It's still very fresh and frail and I'm not making any promises yet that I will continue with it. Still, for now it's nice to slowly get back to it, because as much as I enjoy the extra sleep, I do miss my routine a little. We'll see how it goes and I will keep you posted.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.