Friday, September 21, 2018

Decorating the journal

My journal is for writing first. I write almost daily. I love the act of writing, especially with a fountain pen, but it also keeps me sane and helps clear my mind. I may skip a day here and there, but if I don't journal for a while it is always a tell tale sign that things are not going well with me. If that happens picking it up again is also the thing that gets me back to myself the quickest.

I also like it when my journal looks fun and is full of imagery and decoration. It makes it feel like a cosy safe place I can always turn to. I like the way this makes my journal feel and look like a travel journal of daily life. Life is a bit of a journey after all.

Because I write way faster and more than I could ever decorate, not every spread is elaborately done. But sometimes I do like to sit down and just do a bit of a pretty layout here and there.

Here are some pics of when I did just that.






These were done in my current journal which is a Leuchtturm1917 dotted notebook in A5 size. I have been using these books for over a year now and this is my fourth and it is almost full. I'm way behind on peeks into my journals, but I will do a journal post soon, promise. In any case I still love these journals and the fifth one is already waiting to be used after this one is full.

And in case you're wondering what it looks like when I do pages like this, here you go:


It's kind of funny: I have two worktables for arts and crafts in my house, but when it comes to the journal I work best when sitting on the couch and working on my coffee table. It think it is because it's such an informal thing to do to me. The journal is the thing I always continue no matter what else happens in my life. It's my safe place if you will and my safe place needs to be comfortable above anything.

Hope you enjoyed this peek into my journaling process and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!