Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Morning Collages

My current morning art project continues. I am halfway the 32 page sketchbook now and am really enjoying putting these pages together. Sometimes I can finish a page in one half hour sitting, but mostly they take about 45 minutes, so I spread them out over two days (mornings).

Here are six more collages that I recently finished. I added the translation of the Dutch words for you this time, so you know what they say.

"Know yourself"

"Good enough"

"Do not disturb"

"Getting up again"

"It does not have to be so perfect"

"This is the place"

It's fun to go through my stash of imagery and just intuitively match things together to make a satisfying layout. I love the serendipity of it all. Even the words are picked just because they feel right, not because I'm trying to match them with the rest. Somehow these strange combinations still work, at least for me.

Hope you are doing something that gives you joy wherever you are and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.