Tuesday, May 9, 2017

A peek at the Bunny Book - my current journal

A while ago I finished my previous journal, The Allround Book, which was a rather heavy biggish book, and whenever I finish a big book I have a craving to let my next journal be simple and smallish. So for my current journal I picked a very simple A5 cahier style notebook with lined paper and a craft cover.

Here's what it looks like:


The notebook has 120 pages and the cover originally only had the orange print on it.
Now it just so happened that I had bought a couple of cute bunny cards recently and I decided to add those to the inside covers and for some reason that inspired me to draw a bunny on the front cover. I added some details and words and before you knew it this new journal could not possible be named anything else than The Bunny Book.

This is basically how all my books get named. The names have no deeper reason. I'm not even that big a fan of bunnies. I mean they're cute and all, but that's as far as it goes. I just like to give my books obvious names that reflect something about them so I can refer to them easier in the future and set them apart from each other.

Anyway, I've been working in this journal for a while now and thought I would show you some spreads.















I have been thinking that my journals are more and more turning into travel journals of everyday life. It's basically lots of writing with photographs and everyday ephemera that comes up. It's not so much about making attractive layouts or anything, it's about processing my day to day experience and having a place to put some of my photographs.

I like the idea of using a journal that way and it really seems to be working for me. It's a very pressure free way of filling a book and that makes it a relaxing way to journal.

The above pictures are a selection of the first half of the book. When it is all filled up I'll be sure to show you a selection of the second half.

For now I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.