Friday, May 19, 2017

Colouring in my own colouring pages

In February I offered some free printable colouring pages to you on this blog. I enjoy doing doodle type drawings and patterns, and since I draw them all the time anyway it's easy to share them with you every now and then before I colour them in.

I must admit it does take some patience for me to NOT colour them in until that sharing is done. The drawing is only half of the art piece after all. The real fun starts with the colouring and when I can't do that right away I do have to constrain myself and think of you first instead of myself, haha.

Anyway, after I offered them on the blog I could finally get around to colouring these pages in myself and I thought today I would show you how they turned out:




I thought it would be fun to colour each one in with a different type of material. The first one is done in Faber Castell Pitt Brushpens, which are filled with india ink and waterproof. The second one is done with Derwent Watercolour Pencils and is washed with water after I coloured everything in (this one took without a doubt the most time since I had to go everything twice). And the third one I did with Talens Ecoline Markers, which are a pretty new material where the brushtip markers are filled with waterbased inks. The colours of these last markers are very very bright, which of course I love.

If you haven't coloured them in yet or missed the freebie post for these colouring pages, you can go to my blogpost of 27 february here and print them out for yourself. Enjoy!

If you would like me to make more colouring pages for you in the future, please let me know. It's little extra work and I don't mind sharing.

For now I wish you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!