Thursday, September 15, 2016

Pattern Variations

Pattern Variations. I can't stop doing them in my extra large moleskine squared book. The grid is just too inviting to not play with. All it takes is a colour combination that speaks to me made up of a couple of felt tip pens and I'm ready to go.







After doing a bunch of pages with four colours I have started experimenting with five. It is a bit of challenge, because it means things are divided and counted differently.

Drawing patterns takes a lot of focus. I think that is why I like it, it literally focuses the mind on one thing.This doesn't mean I don't make mistakes (bwahahaa), but mostly I can integrate the mistakes into the pattern, changing it slightly so nobody notices. I can tell you that at least half of these patterns turned out differently than I originally intended because of that. :-)

Hope you are doing something interesting in you neck of the woods and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.

6 comments:

  1. Carin, I love ... love ... love these patterns! I haven't really done anything artsy lately but after seeing these awesome patterns, you've inspired me to give it a try. Thank you! And, thank you so much for sharing with us, I really appreciate it and know that many others do as well. You're such an inspiration! (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words Debi. And how cool you are going to try patterns. Would love to see what you come up with.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Dank je wel, ze zijn altijd weer leuk om te doen. Verslavend gewoon. ;-)

      Delete
  3. You are a pattern-maker-extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...