Sunday, September 18, 2016

From the Morning Book

I am slowly closing on on 200 days of working in my Morning Book. Every morning right after I get up or right after breakfast (depending on the day) I set my timer for 30 minutes and work in this sketchbook. I have filled about 70 pages that way. It's kind of slow going, but it's also a very steady practice and that is a good thing.

Here are some finished pages for your viewing pleasure (I hope):







All of these were done in Faber Castell Pittpens (brushpens). These markers work really well with the smooth paper of the Dylusions journal I'm using.

I am especially fond of the mandalas in this series. There's something very satisfying about both drawing them and colouring them in. And they're pretty, so there's that. ;-)

Hope you are doing something to keep your creative self busy and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!l