Thursday, September 29, 2016

From the Morning Book (and a blog break announcement)

At the time this post is published I will have worked in my Morning Book for about 200 days! It's like a tiny miracle how the days add up with a regular morning practice, almost on their own. I just show up every morning and the book gets filled. Slowly, but steadily. It feels a bit like wielding some kind of artistic magic.

Here are six recently finished pages:







The two portraits are part of my endless mail order catalogue girl series. No models hold still so perfectly as those that just come through my mailbox. ;-) They were drawn with a Pentel Pocket Brush and further defined with a graphite pencil. Some colour was added with Pittpens (the Big Brush kind).

The patterns were all drawn with markers and in the last two I also added extra colour with coloured pencils. Especially the grid ones took a lot of patience to finish. I sometimes wonder how it's possible that someone who is at nature a very impatient person can have an endless amount of patience when it comes to drawing patterns and how do I translate that to real life? It would certainly come in handy! ;-)

And now for something completely different: I have a vacation coming up! Yay!
Like every year I will spend a free vacation at my sister's house just exploring the beautiful area she lives in while she and her husband explore another place away from home. This year I will have the added bonus of a furry companion in the form of their sweet dog Jinte.


She's the sweetest scruffiest little border terrier and I intend to bring her on my walks. We'll see how it goes.

My own furry companion will have a lovely cat sitter, so no worries about that.

I will be back on the blog somewhere halfway October, no doubt with some slideshows of the photographs I took. Until then I wish you all a wonderful and artsy time!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Caatje - I really needed to hear that sentence just now "I just show up every morning..." and how doing that becomes something that feels like magic. It is very comforting, reassuring and encouraging. Those patterns that take so long are really, really nice! And I'm also encouraged to hear you are not a patient person by nature - I'm dreadfully impatient and sometimes worry about myself. But perhaps I will save my energy for other things than worrying, eh? Have a lovely vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carin, have a wonderful vacation! Also - I've always thought your model drawings have been awesome but just wanted to say what a fabulous job that I think you've done especially on these two of them. I always thought the drawing were good but can see an improvement in these two is what I was trying to say. Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik wens je een heel fijne vakantie , geniet er van ! En ik kijk er al naar uit waarmee je ons in je volgende blogpost gaat verassen , het wachten waard !

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...