Thursday, May 5, 2016

From the (second) Pattern Book

A while ago already I finished my Pattern Book (you can read about that here).

I loved working in it so much that of course I bought a new moleskine sketchbook to start a second Pattern Book. I have not been working in this one very much though. I think mostly because I have been drawing so many patterns anyway that I don't really need it that much to fulfill my pattern addiction. But that doesn't mean I haven't used it at all.

Here are some of the patterns I've done lately in this book:





I don't know if you can tell, but I am currently obsessed with grids and how to turn them into appealing patterns. I love the repetition and the calm they give me, even if they also make me a little impatient from time to time. But then again that's what patterns to me are about as well: training the patience muscle. It's meditation on paper.

I hope you enjoyed these and that you are doing something meditative from time to time in whatever way fits you. Would like to read about it in the comments.

Have a wonderful and artsy day!