Thursday, May 5, 2016

From the (second) Pattern Book

A while ago already I finished my Pattern Book (you can read about that here).

I loved working in it so much that of course I bought a new moleskine sketchbook to start a second Pattern Book. I have not been working in this one very much though. I think mostly because I have been drawing so many patterns anyway that I don't really need it that much to fulfill my pattern addiction. But that doesn't mean I haven't used it at all.

Here are some of the patterns I've done lately in this book:





I don't know if you can tell, but I am currently obsessed with grids and how to turn them into appealing patterns. I love the repetition and the calm they give me, even if they also make me a little impatient from time to time. But then again that's what patterns to me are about as well: training the patience muscle. It's meditation on paper.

I hope you enjoyed these and that you are doing something meditative from time to time in whatever way fits you. Would like to read about it in the comments.

Have a wonderful and artsy day!

6 comments:

  1. Mooi om te zien wat jij bereikt met kleurtjes, streepjes, stipjes weeral heel geslaagd en mooi om te zien en ja inderdaad zal ook wel een goede meditatie zijn .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wat heerlijk! Ik vind dat ook lekker om af en toe te doen, vooral op vakantie :-) maar dan ben ik nóg lui en pak ik zo;n kleurboek :-P misschien dit jaar toch een pen meenemen en zelf eerst de lijnen kleuren: goed idee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, bij mij is het precies andersom. Ik heb ladingen kleurboeken, maar vind het niet kunnen die in te kleuren als ik weet dat ik zelf ook prima dingen kan tekenen om in te kleuren. :-)

      Delete
  3. Colors and patterns are really nice.
    Barb
    US

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...