Monday, May 2, 2016

A beautiful day for cloud watching

I have lived on my island for a little over twelve years now and I never ever get tired of walking the beach. The beach and the ocean are different every day depending on the wind, the tide, the season and the weather.

We've been having some changeable weather lately and that kind of weather always brings spectacular clouds. Combined with wind and high tide it can lead to some awesome walks.

Here's an impression of one of these walks, because I know you enjoy the scenery as much as I do.










I hope one day the internet will make it possible to feel the wind on your face and the sun in your eyes. Until then this will have to do. ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!

14 comments:

  1. Strand, zee, wind en wolken: meer hebben we eigenlijk niet nodig om gelukkig te zijn, toch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nee, daar kom je een heel eind mee. :-)

      Delete
  2. You post terrific pics of the coast. This is the first time I remember the tide being so high. The last pic is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually not an extreme high tide. When it storms or after a storm those concrete poles that you see in some of the pictures can be covered in water and there's only a small strip of beach left to walk on. That's when the beach is even more spectacular.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful place that you live! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to live here.

      Delete
  4. Oh how I wish I could go walking with you. These are so beautiful! In one of these pictures, it really shows what I think is white foam formed by the water. I don't think I have ever seen the water foam look so thick like that - kind of like you could pick it up and hold it in your hands. I always look forward to seeing the pictures you take of your beautiful part of the world......Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The foam can actually get much thicker and bigger than that. If I recall correctly it has to do with algae, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.

      Delete
  5. Ja Carin, gewoonweg weer geweldig om deze prachtige foto's te zien , ik had precies de indruk dat ik een beetje "groen" zag toen ik in de spiegel keek hahaha . Fijne dag en geniet er volop van !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, niet jaloers zijn, nergens voor nodig. ;-)
      Jij ook een fijne dag/avond.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...