Friday, March 22, 2013

Photography Friday and a blog break

Time for another Photography Friday. Peek through my smart phone camera app with me and see a (small!) sample of the photographs I took in the past two weeks.


We had two whole sunny warm days of spring. Two whole days! I saw butterflies and all! Really I did!

Nothing beats a chocolate muffin and a caramel macchiato...

...except a cute kitty of course, blurry, but cute! ;-)

The Book Formerly Known as ROD Square while it was still in the making.

Oh, the joy of a full worktable and a sketchbook! I'm sure you can relate.

Um...yeah...did I mention those two days of spring already? After that we had this...

....and this....

....and this....

....and this too. Lots of snow and full blown winter!

The snow disappeared, but winter stayed. By the way, doesn't this look just like the cabin of some hermit?

New snow has been predicted already. Winter likes it here this year! I'm the only one left on the island happy about it.

Oh...and I've become obsessed with patterns. Will tell you all about that later!

And now I have to say goodbye to you for a while, because I'm going to have myself a little vacation. Ten days of freedom, yay! Four days will be spent here and six will be spent on a neighboring island where I have rented the tiniest studio. If the pictures can be believed it has the weirdest bed ever, so I just had to stay there (it had nothing to do with the last minute prices or anything, of course not). You can see some pictures here.

I guess you can tell how much I love the island life by the fact that I'm even vacationing on one, but I suppose the one and only bad thing about living here is that I can never go here on vacation, haha. It's impossible to be an anonymous tourist in your own town.

I'll be taking my 'real' camera with me on this trip and plan to make this entire vacation all about photography exploration. So no special journal or anything like that. Just photographs, long hikes and some nice books (I'm taking Isabel Allende and Haruki Murakami with me as travel companions).

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend for now and a Happy Easter for later and see you around the beginning of April. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to share by then!


20 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful break. Those trees with the snow and that light - breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time in that weird bed. well...you know...on that other island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I snorted at that one! You're giving people all sorts of ideas now, Annie! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Have a great vacation and Happy Easter to you too. Your pictures are beautiful.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb! Much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. I hope you have/had a great vacation. I'll miss your photography posts and your art journals. Thank you so much for sharing a photo of your wonderful full work table. I looked at the photos of the small cabin studio you are renting and it looks delightful. I need to look into something like that for myself but here in Arizona. I know I can find something way cool. I would just need to let myself have the mini vacation. I'm tied to the smartphone because my mother is almost 91 and in assisted living in Scottsdale, AZ. If you don't mind, I just might link to this post from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to link to me anytime Marrianna. Good luck in finding a little getaway for yourself!

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog this evening via a link on another blog...you know how that goes! Wonderful photography and I was very inspired by your previous post about using one's sketchbook. It really is encouraging. Hope you are having a wonderful vacation. ~ Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do know how that goes (hence the long list on the sidebar, and that's not even all the blogs I check on from time to time). Thank you for your kind words and...welcome to my blog!

      Delete
  6. I loved this mix of photos. The one with the split rail fence made me want to go out walking; however, here in New York City, the view would not be quite the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri. I'm sure NY in the snow has it's own charm.

      Delete
  7. Love your gorgeous photos Caatje... especially the snow... they are magical... and happy vacation... sounds absolutely perfect... enjoy :)

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. I had a wonderful vacation. Will soon post about it.

      Delete
  8. I sure love the sound of your vacations, Caatje! Wishing you must peace and relaxation...it sounds divine! Spring is just as confused here as it appears to be there. I'm glad that you can appreciate the weather in your little spot of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed nice to be away for a while and my love of winter serves me well this cold start of spring! :-)

      Delete
  9. Hi Caatje, surely you've enjoyed yourself at Schiermonnikoog (I stayed there once in the Venusschelp, also on the Badweg). And thanks for becoming one of my followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank Angeline, het was ijskoud maar heerlijk en mijn gezicht is zelfs verbrand door de vele zon!

      Delete
  10. You have such a fun, inspiring blog!
    So glad I got directed here by Marit,
    you will see more of me♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lisa and welcome to my blog!

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...