Friday, March 8, 2013

Photography Friday

Here's another Photography Friday. Let me take you on a little tour of the past few weeks as seen through my smart phone lens.

Picking out fabrics for a journal cover. Swoon!

Winter made the ponds overflow....

... and also many a forest road.

Things that wash up on the beach remain a constant fascination to me.

As do these marks left by trucks and jeeps.

A perfect fern leaf. Wouldn't this make an amazing stencil?

A sweet coworker gifted me this gorgeous (used!) roll of wallpaper.

Nature created a skating rink.

My assistant teaching me that sleep trumps beading (it does!).

Forest roads never seem to bore me.

Ever.

Driftwood forming an abstract sculpture.

Cute new washi tapes came with a cute card.

Yes! I found my journaling mojo! Will tell you all about it next week.

Two donkeys enjoying the first sunshine we had in ages.

And that's all I have for you today. Well, I took about 300 more pictures, but lets not overdo it shall we?

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!

18 comments:

  1. The pictures are great. I really enjoyed viewing them.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb, glad you liked them! I loved taking them.

      Delete
  2. I just love reading your blog and seeing your photos. You have a great approach to life (as does your assistant).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! My assistant is the master of living the good life, I'm his apprentice.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos, and I love those forest roads too. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Forest roads always seem to lead to interesting places (often more forest roads, haha).

      Delete
  4. You take amazing photos with that phone of yours, Caatje! Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to hearing all of your journal progress next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andria. I love my phone, it's so portable and easy to take with me everywhere and I'm addicted to camera apps.

      Delete
  5. After viewing your pics, I can envision myself sitting in the forest, leaning against a tree and drawing trees (and maybe taking a fallen branch to use as a walking stick). Le kitty is adorable, naturally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are free to come by any time and do just that! My kitty thanks you by the way (even though you told him nothing he didn't already know, haha).

      Delete
  6. Lovely photo's, i like your washi tape, never saw them before, just heard of it. I really like the photo's of Peer, he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is: stay aways from washi tape. It is seriously addictive and you can never ever go back to the time when you were without. ;-) Peer thanks you for the compliment.

      Delete
  7. It's natural that you create lovely things in such a lovely place...It's so nice to meet you :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Nice to meet you to and thanks for your kind words on my art!

      Delete
  8. I love all of the shots of your wonderful island home!! I have come over from Mary Ann! She introduces us to such wonderful people!! I am half Danish but have never been to your country. hopefully some day I will get there!! We could be sisters, in looks and art love anyway!! I am thrilled to meet you and will be back often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Elizabeth, happy to have you here! If you ever do drop by on my island, I'll be sure to show you around.

      Delete
  9. I love seeing the world through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie! It can be tiresome to be me sometimes, I always see pictures everywhere! ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...