Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Next phase in trilogy

Yay, I had some time to continue working on my little commission. I am calling it my 'tree trilogy' because it will consist of three panels with trees on them. Today I added two layers to them. One was a layer of doilies and the other was a layer of stamps that I did with gesso. Here's how they look now:


Now all these first layers are just for extra structure and substance. They will not be as visible as they are now in the final painting, because at some point I am going to go over them with black paint or black gesso (haven't decided yet). After the black layer these layers will simply show up as shapes and forms. After the black is where the 'real' painting will begin. I'm getting really excited about all of this and hope to be able to continue soon.