Saturday, November 3, 2018

A vacation in six walks - Fifth walk - Borculo

The first week of October I got to have a free vacation by house sitting for my sister again who lives in te East of the Netherlands in a town called Zelhhem, which is in a region called Achterhoek.
 
During the week I went on six medium to long walks in different parts of the region. 
I cannot walk anywhere without taking pictures, so I will take you along with me vicariously by giving you a photographic impression of each walk. That means six posts of just landscapes, castles, windmills and other lovely scenery. 

I sure hope you will enjoy the view!

Fifth walk - In and around the town of Borculo

After a day of rest I was all ready to get out and move again. I chose a medium sized walk in and around the medium sized town of Borculo. Borculo has a really cute town center with some old buildings and lots of canals and (draw) bridges. It also houses a private museum all about crystals.

My walk took me outside of town too which was nice, but just like my previous walk in Zutphen I had to traverse some pretty boring areas to get anywhere nice. Oh well, so be it.

Here's an impression of Borculo:


This is the Crystal Museum. It used to be the local Town Hall.


















Now I already mentioned the Crystal Museum. I have fond memories of this museum from my childhood, because my parents took me there several times when I was still very young. So for nostalgia's sake alone I had to visit it again, even though it had moved to that lovely building above and I didn't really recognize anything anymore. Except of course that crystals are pretty.

See?



I'd say of all my walks this one was the most uncomfortable physically, because it was summery warm and I don't like to walk with warm weather. I think most people would have loved it though and it's not like I didn't enjoy myself, so don't feel too sorry for me, haha. I just prefer it cool.

Well now, we're almost done. Just one more walk to go and then it's back to business as usual. For now I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.