Friday, October 19, 2018

Vacation - the short version (slideshow alert!)

Hello my blogsy people!

It's been a bit longer than planned before I got back to you, sorry about that.

I returned from my vacation a week and a half ago and am already back in the everyday swing of things, like work and obligations and my personal routines.

It's not like I haven't had time to blog, it's just that before I did I wanted to sort out my vacation pictures and let's say there were more than just a few. Ahem.
But today I finally sat down and went through all of them and have selected the lucky winners that will appear on my blog in the coming two weeks. Because...there will be six posts about my vacation! And that's not including this one. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Let me state first that I had an absolutely wonderful time and I was in such beautiful places that I just have to share them all with you. I was at my sister's house for seven full days (the other two were for travel back and forth) and those days were spent walking walking walking, except for one, where I simply needed to rest from all that walking.

Here's my vacation in a nutshell:

Day 1 - Walking Slangenburg Estate near Doetinchem

Day 2 - Walking the Dutch Open Air Museum in Arnhem

Day 3 - Walking Hackfort Estate near Vorden

Day 4 - Walking the city of Zutphen

Day 5 - No walking, just resting. And reading of course.

Day 6 - Walking around the town of Borculo.

Day 7 - Walking the area west of Ruurlo

For those of you who don't care about pictures of landscapes and beautiful towns and castles: now you have a little summary of my vacation and you know that the next six posts can be skipped easily. For the rest of you I will do a post for every walk I took during that week, so there will be lots to see as can also be concluded from this summary. ;-)

The area where my sister lives is the area I come from and is in the east of the Netherlands. It's called Achterhoek and part of the province of Gelderland. It always feels a bit like coming home. Also this region has the exact type of landscapes and towns and forests and castles that we don't have on my island. I'm always a bit homesick for where I come from, even though I love where I live and I'm very lucky that my sister lets me stay in her house so often.

I hope you will be joining me on my six beautiful walks in my six upcoming posts. Until then I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!