Saturday, March 10, 2018

Morning Mosaic #12 - Step by step

Slowly but steadily I am catching up on the morning mosaics I have done so far as part of my daily morning art practice. As I am writing this I have just finished number fifteen.

My morning art has become a bit like my journaling. I try to do it every day, but it's okay if I skip sometimes, since I know I will get back to it the minute I can. When you are forming a habit that is a lot harder to do, but now it's just ingrained in my system, so I feel way more relaxed around my daily art than I did in the beginning. And like journaling I miss it when I don't do it and feel like I have missed weeks when it's usually only a day or so. It now no longer really feels like something that requires discipline, it's just something I do.

Anyway, here is mosaic number twelve, done in nine sittings in the early morning, usually right after getting up and right before breakfast.










This is one of those paintings where I think the way it looks halfway is probably more interesting than the end result. I really like images six and seven. But I have a hard time leaving anything white when I do these and I do like the final version as well. I think it would make a great wall made of small tiles, or a huge blanket made of pieces of soft fabric. :-)

I hope you enjoyed this peek into my morning art process and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!