Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tiny Mandalas

Near the couch in my living room I keep a very small pocket sized sketchbook that I don't take out very often, but that I do love having around just in case. It is completely dedicated to mandalas. Tiny mandalas. Because...well...there's just no way you can draw huge mandalas in a tiny sketchbook.

Here are some I did recently:




Just like a lot of my grid drawings I do these while listening to podcasts. There's something so satisfying about combining my doodles with podcasts. It's also very relaxing.

All of the mandalas are drawn with a fineliner/micron pen and coloured in with regular felt tip pens. At the rate I'm drawing these it's going to take years to fill this tiny sketchbook, but it is a gem to look at already, so it's worth it. I enjoy having themed sketchbooks very much even though that means I have stacks of them unfinished. It also means there's always something to work on.

Hope you are enjoying some creative endeavours wherever you are and wishing you a wonderful and artsy day.