Monday, August 28, 2017

A peek in the Leuchtturm (my current journal)

My current (and new to you) journal is an A5 sized Leuchtturm1917 dotted notebook, and I love it. It makes up for all the trouble I had with my previous journal which I sort of abandoned two thirds of the way because I hated the paper with a growing passion.



The paper in the Leuchtturm is smooth and moderately thin, but it doesn't bleed or feather and it loves to be written on with fountain pens and felttip pens, so I can finally get back to those without worrying about seeing the ink bleed through to the other side. There is also something about the size and format that I really like, but find harder to explain. It's a very compact book. It's a book that feels like a book, if that makes any sense.

I love spending time in this book and am drawn to it in a way that I have not been drawn to a journal in quite a while. You can tell this simply by the fact that I have been using it for five weeks and am already almost halfway (the book has about 250 pages!) and also because I have been drawing in it.

Anyway, I thought I would show you a peek in this current journal, so here we go:

The book comes with index pages which I am using for pen tests.




















Now the paper in this book is not really suitable for wet media, so if you like to play with watercolour or mixed media in your journal I would not recommend this one. But Leuchtturm makes very nice sketchbooks. I used a pocket sized one to be my travel journal last yeat, which you can see here and here. That has a very different type of paper, made for arting.

For me however this regular notebook is perfect and I'm actually contemplating buying another one to follow up this journal when it's finished, but I'll wait a litte before I make that decision, since my journaling taste likes a lot of variation.

I hope you liked this peek in my journal and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.