Tuesday, June 7, 2016

From the Morning Book

My Morning Book is my way of doing art every day. Every morning right after I get up I go into my studio and work on this book for half an hour. Some pages are done in one sitting, but most take several 'days' to finish. It's slow going, but it's a wonderful way to start the day.

Here are some spreads that were finished a while ago.







The first three spreads were done in Faber Castell Pitt pens and the other three were done in Tombow Dual Brush markers. Those Tombows can be washed with water to make them look like watercolours and that gives them a really nice effect, especially on the paper in this sketchbook (a Dylusions journal).

As you can see I am mostly into abstracts and patterns, but that can no longer come as a surprise to you. Especially in the morning it's a relaxing way to get my art on. :-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!