Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Morning Paintings #101-110

Every morning right after I've gotten dressed en right before breakfast I walk into my studio and get my little A5 photoalbum out and my gouache and I paint. I could make a long statement about it and get deep and philosophical, but basically this is all it is. And maybe that is all it needs to be, maybe that's the only reason I can keep it up. Getting up early is not easy for me, but the painting somehow is. Not that I'm always tremendously inspired. Not that I make masterpieces. Sometimes I really have no idea what I'm doing. But the page gets filled and it's amazing how that way sketchbooks get filled too. This really is a painting practice, nothing more and nothing less.

Anyway, here are paintings 101 to 110.

#101 - Abstract pattern

#102 - Mail order catalogue girl

#103 - Flowers

#104 - Scale pattern

#105 - Experiment with masking fluid

#106 - Flower pattern

#107 - Tribal nonsense

#108 - Abstract code

#109 - Mail order catalogue girl

#110 - Dots and circles

With this batch I started some 'nonsense' paintings. They remind me of strange tribal or alien languages that nobody can decipher anymore. I don't know why and I don't know where they come from, but they are a lot of fun to do.

Hope you enjoyed these paintings and hope you are doing something artsy and wonderful wherever you are.