Friday, August 14, 2020

Digital Mandalas

One of the good things that came out of having cancer en going for treatments and such was me getting into digital drawing. I needed something to pass the time during travel and waiting and I needed it to be fun and compact. I also wanted to learn a new skill. All these things combined led to me buying an iPad and learning both Sketchbook Pro and Procreate. 

Before I started I wasn't sure if I would like digital drawing all that much. I had tried before in the past and back then it never really stuck with me. But times have changed and apps have changed and the Apple Pencil did make all the difference. I fell absolutely in love with it. 

One of the first things I tried to get the hang of was making mandalas. Especially Sketchbook Pro has wonderful options for this, better even than Procreate even though as a whole I like that app better. 

So here are a bunch of mandalas I did when I slowly became more familiar with digital drawing.

















It was a lot of fun to play with colors and different colored backgrounds. I also like how you can see that I started with very simple mandala's and they became a bit more intricate as I got along. 

A lot of these were made on the ferry, in coffeeshops or in waiting rooms. It sure helped kill time in a pleasant way and in general I think it's a good idea to use all this 'empty' time for something fun and expressive. 

Hope you are doing something enjoyable for yourself and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.