Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Morning art and not so much morning art

Before the whole cancer ordeal I was for a long time very much into morning art. The idea was to draw or  paint or do anything creative for half an hour right after getting up and before breakfast. In the past year I had to drop that for a long time and wasn't sure if I would pick it up again.

I did draw in the morning art sketchbook from time to time and recently I have actually been trying to get my habit going again. So here are some pattern drawings from my morning art book of which some were  done randomly and others were actually done as morning art.









Morning art is still a wonderful type of meditation for me, but I am less strict about it than in the past. I do it because it is enjoyable and calms my mind before a busy day (or even a not so busy day).

The first four were drawn with Stabilo 68 pens and the last four with Crayola Supertips. I bought the Crayola because they have a larger colour range. I have the 100 set. I like them, but they are not the same quality as the Stabilo's which come in 48 colours. I wish the latter would make more colours. A girl can dream...

Hope you are cherishing some creative habits and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.