Saturday, July 25, 2020

The cat lately

Today I bring  you....just some pictures of Spooky being a cat.

I sometimes feel he is more of a supervisor than an assistant.

supervising me taking his picture from just the right angle

supervising me doing a drawing in watercolour pencils

supervising me working from home

supervising me making some collage cards

supervising the mouse by sitting on it and making sure I can't get to it and being smug about that

supervising me writing in my journal

supervising me drawing on the iPad

One of the sad thing about my surgery was that he couldn't sit on my lap for several months. He's not always a lap cat, but from time to time he does like to snuggle up to me and it felt terrible to tell him no.

Also getting cancer made me worry about him. What if I couldn't take care of him anymore or would no longer be around? Luckily a local friend promised me she would take him in if that happened, which is a big weight off my shoulders. But of course now I'm better and I hope to be well for the rest of his life and not need to take her up on it.

By the way, I have an extra supervisor in this neighborhood cat. His name is Garfield and he's a regular guest in my house and not above interrupting anything I do either.


Wishing you all a furry supervisor of your own and a wonderful and artsy day!