Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A peek in the journal - The Second Leuchtturm

When I looked back into my posts of the last months I realized it had been quite a while since I showed some finished journal pages. In fact the last pages I showed you were from my Second Leuchtturm. As you may or may not remember I have absolutely fallen in love with the Leuchtturm 1917 notebooks and I cannot seem to part with them. It's the combination of the paper and my fountain pens that keeps me buying them.They are not perfect books, but they are perfect for me and my current style of journaling.

It may help to figure out how much I haven't shown yet if you realize that I just started on my fifth Leuchtturm! So there are two whole journals you have not looked into yet! That's still a lot of posts to look forward to. :-)

The pages in this post are from the last third of the second book and were all done in January of this year. Mostly during my two week vacation to the island of Schiermonnikoog. So this is kind of a travel journal post too.

Here's a peek:













Of course this is just a selection of pages. The books have 249 pages and there's a lot of writing in them. I love showing my journals, but I have no intention of making the entire books public. A journal is simply too personal, plus it would make for a truck load of posts that would never end.

As always my journal is a combination of imagery, photographs, some drawing and mostly just my thoughts on paper. Putting thoughts on paper is a good way to get a look at them and seeing what goes on inside your head. It doesn't always make for interesting reading and there's a lot of repetition. But then again I don't consider a journal a thing that should be read as much as I think of it as a thing that should be written. It's a very self centered and personal exercise, not prose for some external reader. The journal is for me. That it also is a good way to keep memories of my life is a wonderful bonus and does make it extra precious.

I hope you are enjoying some personal creative outlet of your own and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.