Friday, June 30, 2017

Grid drawings

The love of grids never ends. Never ever ever.

Here are five pages from my moleskine XL softcover book full of grids and therefore full of grid drawings.






I wish I could explain why these patterns are so satisfying to draw and colour in. I think they take a special kind of focus that requires concentration without too much deep thinking. And that makes it possible for me to listen to podcasts while I do them, which I find more difficult with some (not all) other types of art.

It's nice that there are art forms you can do while learning new things through podcasts while also sitting on the couch with your feet up. Life doesn't really get much better than that. Well... maybe with a latte or a cup of tea to accompany me. And a cat, don't forget the cat!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend.