Sunday, November 13, 2016

Let's go to Wildlands Zoo - part one of two

Every year my employer organizes an outing for my coworkers and me. We close the town hall where I work and we go on a bit of an adventure. It's a lot of fun and sometimes we go to places that are quite photogenic so I bring my camera.

This year we went to the just recently finished Wildlands Zoo in Emmen. If you have a very good memory you may remember that last year I went to the old zoo in Emmen for a photography trip for my birthday. You can see those photographs here and here.

That zoo is now closed and in it's place has come something very different. It still is a zoo sort of, but it's much more a kind of adventure into three different worlds where there just happen to also be animals. One world has a very tropical Middle American type of atmosphere, another is more African and the third is very arctic. They went through a lot of trouble to make things look interesting and beautiful and also to give the animals a lot of space. This means there are way fewer animals than in a regular zoo, but also that everything looks just stunning.

In this post and the next I want to give you a little impression of the new Wildlands Zoo. Hope you enjoy!















I know the place seems a little deserted in my pics, but I do that on purpose. It was actually quite busy and I simply often waited for just the right moment. I never really cared for people in my photographs, haha. I did actually take quite a few pictures of my coworkers too, but I'm not putting those on the web for obvious privacy reasons. :-)

Next post I'll show you the rest of the photographs and until then I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!

4 comments:

  1. Ziet er daar mooi uit en de moeite om er naartoe te gaan , de dieren zitten er precies in een heel natuurlijke omgeving zo te zien .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er is duidelijk heel erg over alles nagedacht. Ik denk dat het enige minpuntje is dat alles nog een beetje begroeid moet raken, het is bijna té nieuw. Maar dat gaat met de tijd vanzelf goed komen.

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful pictures and oh, I especially love the ones with the animals in them [though I must say, that building is awesome too!] Thanks again so much for sharing all the pics with us, I for one am so thankful that you do and know that others are as well. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, I'm so happy you enjoy my pics. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...