Monday, November 7, 2016

From the Morning Book

Ah, the joy of art in the early morning! I can really recommend it to everyone.
As much as I hate getting up early the Morning Book is very much worth it. On my workdays I get up at five in the morning voluntarily just so I can draw a little in my Morning Book and write a little in my journal. I truly am not a morning person, but doing this anyway gives a quality to my day that is worth the sacrifice of a bit more sleep.

It's hard to explain what it is. Maybe it's just the fact that whatever the day brings you already made some time for a bit of personal expression and nobody can take that away from you. It feels a bit like a form of selfcare really.

Here are six new pages from the Morning Book that were recently finished:







I must admit that these last two make me want to whip out felt and embroidery floss and make a journal cover or something with these patterns. I think that would look really cool. Maybe one day when I feel brave I will get to actually doing that!

For now I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.

6 comments:

  1. Die laatste 2 nodigen inderdaad uit om stof en borduurgaren tevoorschijn te halen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, op de een of andere manier teken ik heel vaak dingen die zich prima zouden laten vertalen tot stof en borduursels. Geen idee waarom dat is, maar je krijgt er wel zin van. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Such time-consuming work! I love the fabric look of the top one, my favorite is the flowers (of course - so close to swirlies), and the next to last one is a quilt pattern come to life!! It even looks like the cover is turned down for bed!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Trece. I find this type of work very soothing somehow, just lines, colours and shapes. Meditative.

      Delete
  3. Ik denk dat je de nagel op de kop slaat dat je dag inderdaad niet meer stuk kan nadat je er sowieso al je creatieve inbreng hebt aan kunnen geven eender wat er die dag in de weg komt te staan wauw wat een 'statement' vraag me nu wel af waarom ik daar dus nog steeds niet ! mee begonnen ben ..mmmm...stof tot nadenken... dank je Carin !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het is inmiddels aardig ingebed in mijn 'systeem', maar dat heeft heel lang geduurd. Blijkbaar kan ik de discipline alleen maar opbrengen omdat ik er echt plezier aan beleef, anders was het allang weggezakt. Ik haat wekkers en ik haat vroeg opstaan, maar zo heb ik in ieder geval iets leuks om naar uit te kijken, zelfs op lange kantoordagen. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...