Thursday, August 11, 2016

From the Morning Book

In July I did not do my Morning Book, but luckily I still have plenty to show you from before that so here are some pages from this art journal/sketchbook in which I work for half an hour every morning, usually before breakfast.







All these pages were drawn with either a Pittpen or a Pigma Micron and coloured in with Tombow Dual Brush markers. Sometimes I used a wet brush to wash the colours for painterly effects.

I think I am enjoying this type of work the best. It's like drawing your own colouring book pages and then you actually get to colour them in too. ;-)

Working on the Morning Book is a wonderful start of the day. Even though it was nice to not have to do it for a month I did actually miss it when I didn't. So since August 1 I am back at my morning practice and enjoying it very much. You can be sure there will be many more pages to show in future posts.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!

6 comments:

  1. All of your pages are great, but I especially love the flowers in the first pic...wonderful shape and coloring! Welcome back to your practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's good to be back at it. :-)

      Delete
  2. Carin,
    I hope you are feeling better. I have had knee surgery and just got to feeling better.
    Your work is just amazing. So original and so colorful. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
    Barb J.
    Charlotte, NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you had to have surgery, hope you fully recover. Good luck and thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Heerlijk die kleurrijke pagina's een hele opkikker met dit bar slechte koude weer . Fijn ook om te horen dat je er helemaal terug ingedoken bent .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, het lijkt wel een beetje herfst de laatste paar dagen. Evengoed fijn weekend gewenst! :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...