Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Let me take you to Texel - part eight of eight

From January 15 to January 29 I vacationed on the island of Texel which is the island west of my own (Vlieland). This series is a travel report / slide show of that vacation so all my blogsy people can travel with me a little. Hope you enjoy! 

Well, it took me a while, but we're finally at the last installment of my travel report. I hope you are still with me, and that it's not too tedious. I just need to get these posts out of my system, so I can move back to the actual artsy stuff again.

Day 14 - Thursday January 28 2016

This was the last full day on Texel. After almost two weeks I was actually quite sated with impressions and content with how the vacation had gone so far. So I didn't really feel the need to explore new places. I did want to go an a walk though, no doubt about that!

The weather was absolutely perfect, it was spring all of a sudden with lots of sun and very pleasant temperatures.

I decided to combine parts of earlier walks into one new one and visit spots I had seen before but only in foggy or rainy weather. I walked the Alloo naturepath for instance and De Seeting.
It was a good decision as you will see:















When I was almost back at De Koog again I decided to take a little detour to the beach to visit the beach pavilion I had been before. I sat there quite blissfully for several hours contemplating my vacation, playing in my journal and eating the biggest piece of apple pie I had every had (it looks so normal on the picture, but it was really huge!). 


 After that it was time for a last stroll along the beach. Sigh....



What was left of that day I spent enjoying the peace and quiet of my lovely apartment. In a way the last day is a bit like saying goodbye to the place you enjoyed so much, and I sure did enjoy it!

Day 15 - Friday January 29 2016

This day the vacation was officially over. I got up really early to give the apartment a bit of a vacuuming, to pack and to get ready for the trip back home. I had taken a picture of this sign the day before:


There were a couple placed in De Koog on strategic sites. It says 'Until we see you again', a bit like the French 'au revoir'. I passed it regularly, but not until today was it applicable. ;-)

The journey home was long but without problems. Although I was sad to leave I was also happy to come home again. After all I myself live on a glorious island too! And I do like my own house as well.


I celebrated my homecoming (after unpacking and a load of laundry) by lighting all the candles and having a wonderful cup of tea on my couch. Yes, I used the mug I bought on Texel. ;-)

And thus ends a two week vacation. I hope you enjoyed traveling with me and I hope you liked the scenery. We're not fully done yet, because I still have the travel journal to show you, but that's for the next couple of posts. Boy, vacations are hard work on the blog! ;-)

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a nice place to come home to. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing your fun vacation with us. Such beautiful scenery, and it seems like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a fantastic vacation. Glad you enjoyed the slideshow!

      Delete
  3. Always enjoy traveling with you and your sharing of beautiful scenery in your part of the world. I know it has been a great two weeks for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure has! Nice to have you along Barb. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous images! Thanks for sharing. As much fun as it is to travel, it is always great to come home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have a nice place to come home to and it makes the ending of a wonderful vacation a lot easier, that's for sure. :-)

      Delete
  5. I have really enjoyed our vacation. I'm not quite ready to leave. But I never am. Your part of the world is beautiful and peaceful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. I'm always saying that I love to go home, but I hate to leave the place I'm visiting. (It works the other way around too by the way, haha.)

      Delete
  6. Je hebt er weer een mooi einde aan gebreid en ... die appeltaart slagroom incluis (mmmm)daar zou ik ook absoluut geen nee tegen zeggen .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was een heerlijke brok taart en de latte was ook niet slecht. Yum.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous holiday with us! Your photos are awesome! I have enjoyed the whole trip, and it really felt as though I was there walking in you steps! Being stuck indoors for months on end, it really perked me up! Thank you. Wherever you go around the world, there is no place like home, and what a home you have! It looks magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lottie, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Hope you get to go outside soon though.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...