Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Morning Paintings #171-180

This batch of morning paintings meant the finish of my fourth sketchbook full of paintings! I actually have a small stack of painting sketchbooks now, how cool is that?

Here are paintings number 171 to 180.

#171 - Flowers on Ochre and Yellow

#172 - Patience

#173 - Abstract Nonsense

#174 - Alien Language

#175 - The Dress

#176 - Starlight

#177 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#178 - Faith

#179 - Simple Flower Pattern

#180 - Gratitude

I like how my mandalas are developing over time. I'm experimenting with different backgrounds and lettering. I really love how I added a white border around the lettering in the last one. The words underneath simply reflect the mood I'm in at the time.

Painting #179 is the fastest one I've done so far. Out of necessity by the way. I just didn't have any time at all and wanted to put something down anyway. Sometimes something simple can be quite nice. It took only a few minutes.

I hope you enjoyed this new batch of paintings and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.

6 comments:

  1. All the pages are great. I like the white around the black lettering too.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me what kind of sketch books you use?
    Thanks,
    Jo
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use A5 ringbound photoalbums (don't have a brand name for you I'm afraid, I just buy them at a local store). Certain colours of the gouache I use have a tendency to rub off on the opposite page and with the photoalbums there are protective sheets between the page, so I don't have to worry about that.

      Delete
  3. Ach Carin ik zie dat je toch afscheid hebt moeten nemen van je vriend. Een verdrietige en moeilijke tijd nu voor jou. Het zijn kleine beestjes, maar wat is het stil en leeg in huis als ze er niet meer zijn. En wat doet het pijn. Ben geraakt door je ochtendtekening, hier ook een traantje gelaten.
    Heel veel sterkte de komende tijd, Peer heeft het fijn gehad bij je.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel voor je lieve woorden. Ja, het is heel triest en ik mis hem ontzettend. Het was ook een echte knuffelkater die je helemaal om zijn pootje wond. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...