Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Morning Paintings #171-180

This batch of morning paintings meant the finish of my fourth sketchbook full of paintings! I actually have a small stack of painting sketchbooks now, how cool is that?

Here are paintings number 171 to 180.

#171 - Flowers on Ochre and Yellow

#172 - Patience

#173 - Abstract Nonsense

#174 - Alien Language

#175 - The Dress

#176 - Starlight

#177 - Mail Order Catalogue Girl

#178 - Faith

#179 - Simple Flower Pattern

#180 - Gratitude

I like how my mandalas are developing over time. I'm experimenting with different backgrounds and lettering. I really love how I added a white border around the lettering in the last one. The words underneath simply reflect the mood I'm in at the time.

Painting #179 is the fastest one I've done so far. Out of necessity by the way. I just didn't have any time at all and wanted to put something down anyway. Sometimes something simple can be quite nice. It took only a few minutes.

I hope you enjoyed this new batch of paintings and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day.