Monday, November 24, 2014

The Amsterdam Pages

As you know I went to Amsterdam last month for a few days. If you missed it, you can read all about it here, here and here.

This time I didn't take a 'real' journal with me, but I did bring my smart phone and a notebook and I did collect tons of ephemera. When I got back home I made copies of the notes I took while I was there, I printed a bunch of photographs and I picked out my favorite ephemera and got to work in my journal Flora. It lead to what I call 'The Amsterdam Pages'. Ten spreads that are a full travel report.

Here's how they turned out:


On this spread you can see the only sketch I did while I was there. ;-)















As you can see, some pages have interactive elements in them to make them extra interesting.

I have to admit it was a bit of a chore to put this together as in general I prefer to make most of a travel journal while I'm away, but this trip was so short that I decided on this approach. And I'm happy I now have some good memories to look into in my regular journal.

Hope you enjoyed this peek into my travel report and I wish you a wonderful and artsy day!

8 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic piece of work. I don't know how you got it accomplished in a short time. Different way of presenting your pages, the watercolor pictures, every museum you toured and my favorite is the Hermitage visit. Just full of history and wonder.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that it was boring to write all those notes twice, but your pages turned out nicely. I did my journaling in my diary when away, then a few ephemera spreads when I got back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not have to rewrite the notes, I just made photocopies of them, so no extra work there. My current journal is just too big and heavy to drag around all day, that's why I decided against taking it with me. And like I said: so little time there it seemed just a bit too much. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Caatje,

    Love all of your pages but especially the Heritage one ... also love your interactive pages you did. You always inspire me! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debi, the Hermitage pages are my favorites too. I think it's the gorgeous royal portraits.

      Delete
  4. Mooi! Met deze aanpak hoef je niet zo te sjouwen, das wel een voordeel;-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...