Thursday, November 27, 2014

Patterns from the Fodder Book

In the Fodder Book (a large moleskine watercolour book) I mostly experiment with abstracts and patterns in watercolour. If you've been following me for a while you know my latest love is a masking liquid marker by molotow which allows you to make very precise lines that you can later rub away to leave the white of the paper.

My latest experiments lead to this (you can see the marker in the top right of the picture):


I based these two pages on drawings I did in my pattern book. It was fun to use a previous design on something completely new.  I usually pick five or six colours of paint that I want to work with on the spread so the two pages are in harmony with each other.

Here's a closer look at the two designs:



I absolutely love these. The colours are so deep and beautiful and I really like the patterns themselves too.

I don't think I'll grow tired of these masking liquid markers any time soon, so you can be sure there will be more patterns in the future!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.

8 comments:

  1. I admire your patience, it looks beautiful

    Annie v.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, as usual. Where did you find that masking marker? I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it in the online shop of De Kwast, which is a dutch art and craft supply store where I get most of my supplies. (www.dekwast.nl) I'm sure you can get it anywhere they sell the molotow paint markers though.

      Delete
  3. Oh, en ik vind het patroon met de ballen juist het mooiste!
    Maar de kleurencombi wint het, ik denk dat die het hem het meeste doet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Bernadine. Ik vind zelf die diepe kleuren ook erg mooi.

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful...I love the rich colors. Wouldn't these be gorgeous as wrapping paper, or fabric for pillows, or something like that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about doing some wrapping paper through spoonflower, but of course to get a repeating pattern you have to be a bit more precise than this and I just haven't felt like doing the computer graphics thing yet to get it all to fit perfectly. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...