Sunday, November 9, 2014

KreaDoe 2014

Once a year I get to go all out when it comes to shopping for art supplies and it was that time again last Friday. Time for the annual visit my sister and I take to the KreaDoe, which is a arts & crafts supply fair that is held in Utrecht every fall.

Even though I do buy some stuff during the year here and there, this is the only time where I allow myself to just buy for the fun of it. I save coins all year long and just before I leave I exchange them for paper money and you'd be surprised how much that can ad up to. ;-)

In case you are wondering how big this fair is, here's a floor plan:


It's two big halls. Every little number on the floor plan is a different stall, so do your math. It's a couple of hundred stalls in total I think. It takes us all day to walk this thing and afterwards we are pretty much done for. But it's so worth it!

So, without further ado, here's an impression of this years KreaDoe!


















As I said, the above is just an impression. It's impossible to show you everything that is for sale at this place and often it's impossible to take pictures, because it's just too busy to get a good shot. Let's just say that just about any craft you can think of is represented here in some way.

So, did I get something?

Are you kidding me? Of course I did! Lookit:



I mostly bought paper goods (I even found some yupo paper, which is hard to come by here) and then two stamps, some tapes, some stencils, some ribbon and a book. Two days after and I'm still having buyer's high! It's a good thing this fair is only once a year, or I'd just go broke and my house would explode. ;-)

By now everything has found a place in my house and will at some point be part of stuff I make. Some right away and some may take years. That's just how it works with me. I like options and that's how I keep the creativity flowing.

I hope you all enjoyed this little photo impression and if you ever visit a fair like this, keep the following in mind: shopping for art supplies makes you hungry!

Sister and me at our most sane. ;-)

 Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!



16 comments:

  1. What a team! sounds like you had great fun with your sister. I don't know how a person chooses from this huge array, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to already have a lot of stuff and to know what you will and will not use. There's a lot of stuff there that I enjoy looking at, but have no urge to buy. That wisdom comes with time (and a full studio, haha), but still....there is so so much to choose from. :-)

      Delete
  2. Isn't is nice to spend time with your sister who seems as wacky as you. LOL LOL Love the picture of the two of you.
    I would have had to touch everything pertaining to art journaling and mixed media. Such a great craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have done a lot of touching Barb! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I spy a Dylusions journal! Did you get the 9x12, or the smaller one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the smaller one. A bigger one currently serves as my journal (Flora) and I used a smaller one as my midwinterbook (a book I fill during my christmas vacation) last year. I intend to do the same this year, that's why I bought it.

      Delete
  4. What a riot of color and fun items! I don't sew, but I'd start if I visited this! Thanks for taking us along on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this really is the place where you easily pick up a new hobby. All those supplies are just too tempting!

      Delete
  5. Wow, it looks like an amazing place! So happy that you and your sister had fun and that you got new things to play with. Enjoy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caatje, I so love your art, but I also greatly enjoy sharing your adventures through your photographs and blog! You are so fun, and seem like a wonderful person as well as a terrific artist. Thanks so much for sharing! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful chance to get art/crafts supplies! Looks like you will have a lot of fun with what you got! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the highlights of the year, every year. I always look forward to going again, even though I've been going there for over twenty years already!

      Delete
  8. Fabulous - loved the virtual tour - your snap of goodies purchased - and your happy face at the end :-)
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynette. I hope yuu have a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...