Friday, August 29, 2014

Doodles in the journal

My current journal (which I'll introduce officially in my next post) is quite big. This means that when I do one of my colourful doodle pages they take even longer than they took in previous journals to finish. But...what fun they are to do!

Here's two doodle pages with some close ups. The first is drawn with a felt tip pen and then coloured in with coloured pencils. In the second I did a background with shapes in gouache and then doodled over them with a felt tip pen.









I like how these two different approaches can both lead to interesting results.

Do you have a preferred way of doodling? Tell me about it in the comments and...have a good weekend all!



8 comments:

  1. Great Doodles !!
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my doodle hero! I love these. I'm keeping them up to make me smile throughout the day. Some of your best yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Bobbi, glad they make you happy. :-)

      Delete
  3. So gorgeous!! I think I prefer the gouache set, particularly the way the black makes the colors POP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how varied, abstract and non-abstract, the combination of patterns is on the first page. I used to doodle only with markers and felt pens but recently I started using coloured pencils and they're great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I colour in with often depends on what I draw with. The first one was drawn with a watersoluble marker, so I couldn't colour them in with markers, because that would make the black line bleed into the colour. I do love coloured pencils as well though.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...