Friday, June 27, 2014

Patterns in the journal

I love drawing patterns. I even have a special sketchbook dedicated to them. But that does not stop me from drawing them in other places, oh no!

Here are some patterns I drew in my journal with Tombow Dual Brush Markers. They are wonky at best, but who cares? They are colourful and fun and that's all that matters. (And yes, there's a horrible little girl drawing in there too, but you can ignore that one, can't you? Of course you can!)







I'm thinking the last spread might actually make a nice embroidery pattern, especially the circles.

Have a wonderful weekend all! I will be having a good one myself as I'll be off to Amsterdam with a couple of friends for two days. We'll be playing the tourist over there, so it should be fun.


6 comments:

  1. I love your pattern posts. They're pure color and form and so organized and calming. I don't know what they do to my brain but they make me smile and feel good. Great way to start the weekend. Must grab gel pens and journal and start meditating! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drawing patterns like these can be very meditative and helps me focus. My patterns often resemble amoebas, not sure what that's about. I read somewhere that drawing curves boost your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think drawing in general boosts creativity, no matter what the lines are. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Caatje! I visit you frequently, but don't think I've ever commented before. I love your patterns. I think it's so relaxing and soothing to draw with my colorful markers and pens. Love how you fill full pages with your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you Laney and thank you for your kind words. :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...