Sunday, June 8, 2014

From the Composition Book

I hadn't worked in my Composition Book for a while, so it was about time I did.

The Composition Book is an A5 sized sketchbook where I do collage compositions just to play with decorative papers and shapes. I like playing with the backgrounds and shuffling different simple shapes around until I get a composition that's to my liking. To finish a page I usually add some pen work.

Here are my latest:










While I made some of the above pages I also took pictures of the process. This is because I intend to do a tutorial on these, so you can try them at home. They are really a lot of fun.
I have all the pictures, but the tutorial post will have to wait until later, because as of now I will be on a little blog break for about ten days or so. See, I have a free vacation trip coming up!

Today I will be leaving for my sisters house, who'll be on vacation herself, to spend a week there like I usually do once a year. A week spend in the east of the Netherlands in the region I originally come from and where my heart still lies. I really look forward to it.

If the weather cooperates I hope to be going on a lot of walks and I will be bringing the 'real' camera for this, so you can expect another couple of slideshows when I get back.

Until then I wish you all a wonderful and artsy week!

8 comments:

  1. I love these composition exercises - and can't wait to see your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, I'll get to work on it as soon as I can.

      Delete
  2. Mooie composities, het lijkt me leuk om te zien hoe je die gemaakt hebt. Ik hoop dat je vandaag niet in de regenhoek van het land zat, fijne vakantie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Annet, vakantie was heerlijk.

      Delete
  3. These pages are joyful! What a great way to start the week. My eyes thank you. Looking forward to the tutorial. Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bobbi. My vacation was lovely.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your week...sounds like heaven, as your getaways always do! These pages are so fun, especially all that free play of paint in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was heaven indeed. And over too soon. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...