Thursday, March 13, 2014

Branches (and a vacation)

Sometimes when I'm on one of my walks I get fascinated by something specific and then I can't stop taking pictures of it.

Last weekend this happened when I looked at the silhouettes that empty tree branches make against the sky. Such lovely lines. I took a bunch of shots, so this is just a selection.

The branches looked like fascinating drawings to me, so naturally I had to sketch some as well. This is a pencil sketch in a big Dylusions Journal that I will tell you more about in a future post. The fun thing is with silhouettes you don't have to worry about things like shading and perspective.
  

































Now for some good news (well for me anyway). I will be going on vacation tomorrow! That's right. I booked a last minute (cheaper) to one of the other Wadden Sea Islands again. This time one I haven't been before: Ameland. It is my mission to visit all the Dutch islands for a vacation. Last year around this time I went to Schiermonnikoog and next year I hope to visit Texel. But this year it's Ameland.

I will be there for a week, armed with my big camera and walking boots, so expect a lot of pictures when I return!

I'll be back somewhere in the week of the 24th. Can't say exactly when, cause picture taking with my actual camera takes some editing and downsizing for the blog.

If you want to follow me as I am there you can do so on Facebook, because I will be posting daily there with pictures from my phone.

So hope to see you all in about two weeks and wish you a wonderful and artsy time until then!

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful vacation.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb, I'm sure it will be lovely. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love your photos of the trees. I'm fascinated by them too. Have a great vacation, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks! :-)

      Delete
  3. Enjoy a wonderful vacation, Caatje!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andria, I had an amazing time. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your vacation! I don't think I've ever gone to a new place just to visit! Either it was to move to a place or to stay with my family for one reason or another. Some day I will have to take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you really should! There's nothing like exploring a new place just for the sake of exploring it.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...