Saturday, January 18, 2014

This place I call home

Most of my vacation was spent at home. And when I say at home I don't just mean my house, I mean my island of course. I have no idea how many miles I walked during those two and a half weeks off, but they were many. And so of course also the amount of photographs I took were many. And when I say  many I mean a little over 900!

Don't worry, I'm not going to show you all of them. In fact you will be proud of me when I say I've managed to bring them down to a small enough amount for this one post, 18 to be exact.

It helps that often the weather was too gray to really take good photographs, so most of them weren't that great anyway. ;-)

Here's a few that I really liked:











































I don't think I'll ever tire of this place I call home. It keeps astounding me with its beauty and its wide open spaces. I may also never tire of taking pictures of it, if only to help me remember how fortunate I am that I get to live here.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your walks around your stunning island. How lucky you are to live in such and idyllic place. So peaceful and tranquil

    I adore your blog and just love it when it pops up on my following list - although I don't always get time to comment - I do read it every time you update it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lottie! I am indeed lucky to get to live here and it makes me happy to share it with you.

      Delete
  2. Since getting signing up for your site, I have learned sooooo much regarding your island. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about many places but, it was an entire new experience reading and studying Vlieland in the Dutch Wadden Sea. Needless to say, most men, are not that interested in art journaling but, my hubby and I have done research on the entire area of Dutch Wadden Sea. He is really into geography and anything new I learn about other people and the places they live is always a bonus.
    TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome Barb. I'm glad I introduced you to a whole new part of the world. Who knows, one day you will get the chance to visit in person.

      Delete
  3. i am in agreement with Barb. This is so very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. What an awesome place to live! Thanks for sharing, And congratulations for finishing The White Book. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...