Saturday, January 25, 2014

Finishing up the White Book!

Oh my, it is done! It is really done! Just about a year and a month after I started it I finally finished the White Book!

Here are some of it's last spreads:






And here is how it looks now on the outside: 



































It's not as pristine as it was when it started, I can tell you that! But it has tons of character now. It's about three times as fat as it was. Cool detail: some spreads of it will be featured in a book by Dawn Sokol that will come out in 2015 with journal pages from all over the world! I'm very proud of that.

All in all this book gave me a lot of challenges and it also made me realise I don't want a big book like this again in the near future. I want something I can fill within a few months, this one just took too long. 

But...I'm happy with yet another full journal. It will now live with my other journals and I have already picked out a successor, but that's for another time!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a beautiful achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your White Books looks just "yummy". It is so neat and colorful. Congratulations on such a great accomplishment.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That is huge! And what an accomplishment! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a huge book to fill! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. So very cool to see it in all its scrummy full finished glory. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to work in next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post about the next one soon, promise!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your BIG journal! Whenever I see your spreads, I really want to start a daily journal similar to yours. And I love the photos of the finished book from the outside...those bursting pages just ask to be explored! And super-congrats on being included in Dawn's upcoming book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andria, I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. Can't wait to see how my pages look in an actual book. ;-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...