Wednesday, November 6, 2013

From the pattern book

Slowly but steadily my Moleskine sketchbook is filling up with patterns. I'm halfway through now and I have so far done over fifty different pattern drawings. Yes, I counted! ;-)

Here are some of my latest:







As always these are drawn with a Pitt drawing pen with brush tip and then coloured in with Pitt Big Brush markers. Sometimes I will outline things with a pencil and ruler if I want very straight lines or need guidelines. It's always fun to pick shapes and colours and experiment with different approaches.

I already look forward to the time when this book is fully filled with patterns and colours, because just flipping through it now already makes me happy. All that colour! Yum! ;-)

Hope you are doing something that makes you happy and wishing you a wonderful and artsy Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these blow me away every time, WONDERFUL, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caatje, I so love these patterns. They are beautiful and uplifting. I wish there was a way to buy some sheets of prints of them for myself - it would do me a world of good and I would use them with special relish in the baby-projects I'm working on. If you find a way to make prints any of these, please let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a free printable colouring book Judith, please be patient. It will come..:-)

      Delete
  3. The left-hand green page makes my eyes and smile WIDE with joy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, and that in turn makes me smile Trece, thank you.

      Delete
  4. this is a great idea...I have done small versions of this but not in a book, will have to give it a try. You use colors together so well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth. A book full of patterns is a lot of fun to have and work at. Good luck.

      Delete
  5. Nice! And I like the 2nd and last spreads best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how different people's tastes are. My favorite is the first one.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...