Monday, September 23, 2013

From the White Book

How I keep loving to journal and how I keep loving the White Book. This book is one interesting journey. I had a big struggle in starting it at the beginning of the year and now it seems I have found some sort of momentum in it.

I keep trying new things, especially when it comes to backgrounds and I'm less afraid to sometimes just quickly put some stuff on a page so I can just write if I don't have much time to make a real lay out. That means not all pages are pretty or interesting, but it also means that at least I keep journaling no matter what and that's most important after all.

Here are some of my latest spreads.








The book itself is starting to get quite fat! It has so many pages and I think I still have about a quarter to go. It's also showing some wear and tear on the cover. I like that. I like that my books look like they have been used. That's what they're for after all! When it is full I will show you some before and after pictures, because this book will never lay flat again, haha!

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy week!

12 comments:

  1. This journal is an amazing accomplishment. How you manage to come up with the way to express yourself, is beyond me. I would have a terrible time just deciding how to organize and present so much on the page.
    Barb
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I always go step by step and spread by spread. I don't plan anything and I never know where a spread will lead me. One thing at a time. :-)

      Delete
  2. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Caatje, you really inspire me - thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages remind me of Judy Wise' work. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I don't really see the resemblance myself, but I gladly take the compliment, because I love her journals. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love your journals - you are such an inspiration. I use my page a day planner as sort of an art journal and have lately been so tired of the white background, so am going back in with colored pencil. It's a great way to add quick color after you've done your journaling. I love dry techniques so I can play catch up on pages I don't colorize first. I tend to do things backwards - maybe because I was a breach baby?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that must be it! Thanks for your kind words about my journals Ginigin.

      Delete
  5. I am loving these spreads. My favorite is the one simply divided into quarters. Lots of journaling, but not plain!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pages, Caatje, and I can't wait to see what the big, fat book looks like when it's "closed"...that's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy watching it grow and grow! :-)

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...