Monday, May 7, 2012

Moon Journal Spreads

In the past month I've had way too little time to journal. When I'm very busy and stressed the journal is still the last to go, so when I don't even make time for that you can bet that life has been extra hectic. Not the entire month mind you, but definitely longer and more than I would like.


I try to journal every day, but the past four weeks I've had times when I skipped three or four days in a row. There's nothing wrong with that in itself of course, but for me journaling is such a daily habit that when I don't do it it's like something really essential is missing, a part of me is missing.


The thing is I had some time to write, but not really to decorate the pages and somehow that just takes the will to write away too. My journal is a decorated diary, not just a diary and it feels empty to write on pages with nothing on them, at least in the journal. I have no problem writing on empty pages outside of the journal. (Weird, I know.)


But it also feels empty not to write at all, so I'm quite pleased that life is slowing down a little again. Last week was the first time I actually felt like I was getting back into a more agreeable rythm. And immediately my journal got to see me every day.


It's no secret I'm very bad at handling stress and busy times. When both work and the time outside of work are too full I get lost somewhere in between. It's like my life is living me, instead of the other way around and I really don't like that.


My level of tolerance for many appointments, visits and too long to do lists is very low. I need down time and not in a shy way. And that down time I need to spend alone. I know there's plenty of people out there who feel apprehensive about just being alone for an hour, but that's not me.


I need days. Preferably more than one. When I'm alone I get a certain sense of peace and reflection that I don't think I could ever have in the presence of anyone else, no matter how much I love them. I like my own company and I like to explore things on my own too. I've always been that way I guess. And...I'm never ever bored.


So anyway, here's the seven spreads I did manage in the past month. On normal weeks I would have done about twice as many since in this journal I fill about a page a day. But it's okay, even at a slower pace the journal will get filled eventually. And I sure do love fillling a journal!

Wishing you all a very artsy week!

19 comments:

  1. Honestly, Caatje, you could teach journaling classes online if you wanted. I always love seeing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even own a videocamera! And the work involved is a little too intimidating as well. I'm not saying 'never', but I'm sure saying 'not now'. For now I'll stick to tutorials.

      Delete
  2. Wat een geweldige pagina's weer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages. I hope the stress levels go down soon - aren't we so lucky that we have art to help us through the tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again... gorgeous pages Caatje... and thank goodness for art... especially in stressful times... I love alone time too... just lovely to see what you have created in the past month... hope this month is a little more peaceful for you...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh and I am pinning your last one... it is my fave...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You described me exactly! I was just tearfully telling my hubby that I NEED time alone in my art place just to de-stress from being around people and noise all day. I wasn't getting that because there's so much going on and the result is a very cranky, depressed me. I, too, am never bored! There's always something interesting to explore artistically or reading and meditating on Scripture and spending time with God. So necessary for my sanity! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is why I need to live alone. I would just go insane if there was somebody in the house all the time. ;-)
      Hope you got some play time! I always think the only problem with never being bored is that there never is enough time. I'd need like ten lifetimes just to get through the stuff that interests me. Oh well, we'll work with the one we have, haha.

      Delete
  7. OK.. here's one too. It would become a book if I would try to describe how I manage these feelings with a hubbie at home all day and working together... let's say, he's understandable but it still is difficult sometimes. I'm desperately waiting for my own studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marit, I hope you get one soon!

      Delete
  8. I just love your pages! Honestly, your tutorial and the pictures of your pages have been a huge inspiration to me. I've only been art journaling for about 5 months, and when I saw your pages it was like a light bulb went off in my head! Thank you so much for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! Enjoy your journaling adventure!

      Delete
  9. As always, gorgeous pages. How I understand the need to be alone. For me, it is also necessary to have quiet. I like to art with my daughter, but only if she confines her music to her iPod! I hope the stress has receded, and that you have boatloads of time to make art!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's quieter now and I'm slowly getting back to things. Very nice!

      Delete
  10. It's good to see that you are getting back into your journal...I can imagine how much you must miss it when you cannot find the time for it. "Life living you instead of you living life"...it's tough when that happens. So nice to take a step back and take hold again. I think I'm about to need to do that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, Caatje, it's like you read my mind and wrote this. I'm exactly the same way. When I first moved in with my husband I sort of went through a little depression because I missed living by myself. I try to get lots of pages in my journal prepped with the backgrounds and collage ready for writing, and write on my breaks at work. This helps me when life gets crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally do that too, but I just ran out of prepped pages and didn't have any time to get new ones prepped, which was very annoying.

      Delete
  12. Thanks to all for your kind words and the fact that you can relate to what I was feeling. Things are slowing down. Now all I need is to catch up on sleep! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...