Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Weekend Drawing

I want to show you the drawings I made over the Easter weekend. I didn't do even half as much as I intended to (me and my big plans!), the weather was too good and so was the book I was reading ;-) But still, I managed to fill 9 pages of a watercolor sketchbook, better than nothing I suppose.

Some drawings are okay, some are lousy and of course I had to include a letter drawing and one of my little houses. For better or worse, here's all of them!

I made this just to get in the mood for drawing.

This was a detail of a little tree I saw in the woods. 




















A view of the path I took in the woods.

A biking trail in the dunes.

Clouds around the sun.

A crow posed for me!

Little houses.

Daffodils in the middle of the woods!

Failed landscape, view of the dunes.

I may still color in the last two drawings to give them a little more life. Not sure yet.

At least the sketchbook is now started. I'm thinking about maybe making May about practicing more drawing, like I used April to do some abstract collages. We have to keep challenging ourselves, right? I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

  1. I like your drawing of daffodils and love your home/city painting. The dune sketch has a lot of potential. Remove some and bring the dunes a little to the foreground would probably help. Just a little suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! It's amazing how many pictures you drew and sketched over the weekend =) I sometimes wish I could be as productive as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like the variety in your work...you aren't doing page after page of the very same thing. I was so resolved to work on my drawing this year, but because I find it challenging (and maybe a little embarrassing to share), I've pushed it aside. Not sure if I will go back to it in May, but I will watch your efforts with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the city skyline. Such beautiful colors and the curving earth line. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, the joy of sketching. Glad that you are again taking time to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice sketches and watercolors! keep drawing and you will surprise yourself how you will progress. thank you for stopping by my blog...I enjoyed my visit here...!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...