Sunday, March 7, 2021

Around here lately

 Just some random photographs from my daily life in the past few months. 

The assistant fell asleep on the job, which happens very often.

Christmas at Casa Caatje. 

These were my christmas presents to myself. Thanks to Galen Leather. 

Of course I immediately had to put it all to use. 

Intruder Cat is becoming quite affectionate lately.

Putting the seals in my journal.

Together with a bunch of friends we folded origami cranes to support a sick friend. These were mine. 

Jane and I are in complete agreement. 

At the end of december storm Bella raged around the house and I made myself extra cosy. 

The journals of 2020 all together in one stack.

Morning art with an awake assistant for a change. 

New walking shoes, my old ones were starting to fall apart. 

Putting the spirit of Christmas back in its box.

The port of Harlingen in the early morning as I left for my vacation.

More journaling. Who ever would have thought I would  put mask packaging inside?

This was the night after I came home from my vacation to Schiermonnikoog. Home sweet home.

A workers meeting at the home office. 

More affection from Intruder Cat. 

Looking back on these pictures there's a lot of homey stuff in there and that's because I hardly leave the island these days with corona still going strong everywhere. I don't mind all that much, I know how to entertain myself, but it would be nice to go on a trip to a museum, visit friends or family, or do something else fun for a day or so every now and then. I am very much a homebody, but even I like a bit of variety and new impressions sometimes. 

Hopefully as this year goes along and vaccinations spread just like corona did, we will be able to get slowly back to a bit of normalcy. But we're not there yet. Patience patience...

Hope you are all coping wherever you are and looking for the good things in your life (and maybe take a picture of them) and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.