Saturday, September 12, 2020

Around here lately

 Just some random daily life photographs from my Instagram/Facebook in the past weeks. 

The fast ferry in times of corona. Screens everywhere.

Drawing and ice coffee at the marina, after a nice walk. 

Reading in my back yard during a heat wave. 

I took part of the summer version of Dewey's Readathon. Highly recommend this book by the way. 

My lounge chair, but not my cat.

Taking the ferry to the main land for another cancer check up. All is still well. 

Breakfast with a book on a lazy Sunday.

Things to do when you are two hours early for your eye doctor appointment.

Last March our regular ferry struck a leak. Five months later she was finally back in business. 

Went to the Drents Museum and had a marvelous day. 

Because of corona there was no Into The Great Wide Open Festival this year,
but the local school children did make the newspaper for it
and it got delivered all over the island.  

Sometimes I like to take a day off just because and laze about with my cat. 


These are troubling times we live in right now,  and my personal health is always a bit of a worry since cancer dropped by for a visit last year, even though I feel pretty good. All the more reason to keep focusing on the good stuff in life. It's what keeps me anchored and sane. Difficult things will find you, no matter what, so it's up to us to keep looking for beauty and contentment wherever we can find it. It's not always easy, but it is worth it. 

Hope you are enjoying the treasures that life brings in between the struggles and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day.